How do I add myself to the firstname.lastname@example.org mailing list?
- Go to this page: http://mailman.mit.edu/mailman/listinfo/mit-habitat and subscribe! Thanks for your interest!
- Anyone on our mailing list (see above) who volunteers with MIT Habitat in some capacity is considered a general member. No fees or forms are collected. Additionally, a core group of students forms the executive board which is responsible for coordinating the leadership and organization of the club.
I’m interested in volunteering with Habitat, but I don’t have any significant construction experience. Can I still participate in a build?
- Absolutely! No construction experience is required whatsoever to participate. We welcome everyone from all experience levels.
My FSILG/dorm/student group/etc. is interested is doing a group build day (i.e. sending approximately 8 or more volunteers as part of the same group). Is this possible to setup?
- Provided there is availability in our schedule, we are happy to setup a group build day. Our first priority, however, remains providing Habitat volunteer opportunities to club members and the general MIT community. If you are interested in scheduling a group build day, please contact our build day coordinator at email@example.com.
I’m interested in joining the executive board. Who should I contact?
- Typically, our election cycle operates during the beginning the fall semester, but if you’re interested in joining exec, email firstname.lastname@example.org.